Thursday, May 21, 2009

And little Dennis the Menace is back to Normal!

The great thing about kids is how resilient they are!! While what happened to Harper has scared me for life, he is back to living life normally!! The beginning of the week we actually were getting publicity from Harper's death deifying trip down the slide - front page of the Monroe paper and being on channel 6 news at 4:15, 5:30, and the next morning - and we also had a visit from the police officer that came first to our house (the kids absolutely loved getting in the police car and turning on all the lights). Now things have settled down and we had a nice quiet night at home - well as quiet as it can get here - that is, until bath time! I put Harper in the tub and then came in the kitchen to get the girls. They were finishing their cookies and I told them to get undressed and get in the tub. I go back there and they are out of the tub. I said, "Girls, why aren't you in the tub?" The girls replied, "Mom, there are cookies in the tub!!" I look and there Harper is sitting in the tub after doing a number 2 and just smiling!!! So out he goes, and I am stuck sanitizing the tub and the girls are still talking about the cookies!!! And the best thing is - I get to enjoy doing all this because I have my healthy Harper Banks!!!

Harper with the "peace man"

"Peace Man Car" - He loved the blue lights



Here is Carly telling Chloe how many lights she had switched on - they loved this car!

Here is all his publicity (can't post the newspaper article):
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/vitindex.html
http://www.unioncountyredcross.org/

No comments: