Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a very nice day for me with my kids. The girls woke up that morning and made me breakfast in bed. The put bread in the toaster and they got a knife and put butter on it for me! That was a big thing for them and they were so proud that they made me breakfast, so proud in fact that they decided to EAT my breakfast with me in the bed (they ate the majority of it!) Then they presented me with a butterfly they made me. Matt had gone online and looked up Mother's Day projects and then had the girls make it for me. They came out so cute and they wrote I love you and their names on the back - super sweet - great job Matt for working so hard with them to make me something special. They also got me a book. Matt went and got Harper out of bed and he came in so excited to give me the card he made for me that he chucked it at my head!! It was cute - he colored it and Matt traced his hands. Then our Sunday morning rush kicked in and we were out the door by 8:15 to get to church. Matt worked all day so after church the kids took a nap and then we just hung out at home. We made some cookies and enjoyed eating them together. Then when Matt came home that night, he surprised me with some Croissants from Cheddars - YUMMY!!! So all together, I am one lucky mother!!! I have amazing kids and a very thoughtful husband. I wouldn't trade these days for anything in the world. Spending every moment while these days are slipping by are priceless! I love beginning this relationship with my children totally together! God couldn't have given Matt and me any sweeter and loving kids than these 3.
Carly and Chloe's Butterflies

Harper's Card with his hands

No comments: