Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Discovery Place

Yesterday was a very chilly and rainy day, so Matt and I decided to take the kids to Discovery Place. They really enjoyed playing and exploring the museum. It was very quiet, so we were able to explore by ourselves. We even got to see a real snake - I touched it and Carly and Chloe held my wrist while I pet it - little Chickens. Afterwards, we decided to walk downtown to get lunch. We found a Quiznos and boy was it weird being downtown with all those business people at lunch time. There were so many people walking around getting their lunches all dressed in white shirts and ties. It was definitely an experience!
Here are the kids learning about pulleys. They were lifting 23 pounds.
Here is Harper being a monkey in the children's discovery area - he is so cute!
Here I am trying to show the girls that this air chair is fun. You sit in the chair and push two buttons and the chair lifts in the air. Then it slowly comes down.
Here is Harper doing the chair!! He actually got it up off the ground and he liked it. We couldn't help him because it wouldn't work with us in there. Did Carly and Chloe do it?? Of course not!! But as soon as we got in the car they wanted to go back and do the chair - UGH!! Wishy Washy Women!
After Discovery Place, Matt had to get something at some government office for work so the kids and I were playing in the back of the car. Here is Carly loving on her buddy, Harper. These kids absolutely love each other! (She has a neck pillow around her head because she said she was getting sleepy).
Here are my sweet boys. Matt is so funny when he gets dressed to go somewhere. He says, "what color is Harper wearing." Now, he had seen Harper, actually he dressed Harper this morning, so he answered himself, "blue." Look what the man dresses himself in!!! It is the exact opposite of Harper!!! They sure are cute though. Hey, when I do the shopping for my boys, I know what I like!!

No comments: