Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monday, May 9th - Birthday Party

Can you believe these 2 angels are going to be 6?! They are growing up to be such wonderful girls! I decided that since we would be homeless on their real birthday, we would do a party the week before in our "old" house! I needed it to be simple and fun, since they were so excited to have a special party for themselves. I had it on a Monday night and it was pajama party theme. All their friends came and it was our first big kid party. Every Mom dropped their kids off and it was just me and Matt and a house full of kids!!! It was a sad realization that they were getting bigger and Mommies no longer had to stick around! We also realized that a real sleepover is a VERY long way away!!! We were exhausted after a 2 hour party, I don't think I can handle all nighters yet!
The house was practically empty so they had lots of room to run around and get wild! Do you notice who is in the middle of it all?! Yup, wild woman Fifi loved it! They played hide and go seek and ran around trying to not let the balloons touch the ground.
Pizza was done on the floor - we have no table!!! Clean up was a piece of cake and it was fun!
Here is the group we had! Such wonderful kids - each one of them just makes me so happy to be their friends.
Musical Chairs pillow style - tons of fun
They each got their own birthday cake. I feel that sometimes they are grouped together so much that they need a little individualism. But when I asked them if they wanted us to sing to each one of them separately, they said no!!! They wanted to be sung to together. They enjoy being a twin! After cake, we opened presents (which was awesome because for the duration of the time in this house, they had lots of new things to keep them occupied.

No comments: