Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dance Class

The girls had dance class tonight (the first time at this studio). They were such big girls! I couldn't believe how brave they were - just look at their faces in this picture!! They walked right in, no thumbs, no crying, nothing!!! They just walked right in and looked back at me and smiled! This is very big for Carly and Chloe. They are so shy and they showed me how big they are getting. I won't lie, yes, I cried when I got home. This is just so wierd to see them be so big and not even think twice about me and be excited where they are going. They are so ready for school and they want to be big and brave - I can't take it!!! I am so happy they are like this, but so sad they are growing up. They seemed to enjoy the class. I didn't get warm fuzzies from their teacher, so I may look into something else, but they liked it. When we went in to get them, one of the little girls said, "Now do we get our lollipops?" The teacher said yes. Carly and Chloe just looked at me and were smiling. I told the teacher we would pass on the lollipops, they don't eat candy. The girls changed shoes and we left. As soon as we walked out, Chloe says, "Mom, when we are 16 we are going to get lollipops!!" I couldn't believe it. I guess they are catching onto the whole candy thing - they don't know what it tastes like, but they know they don't get it. And I think it is funny about the 16 thing. We were talking about driving and I told them they can drive when they are 16. Then at the pool, during adult swim, I told them they had to be 16 to stay in. So I guess they have figured out that 16 is the golden age! Ok, I need to go to bed, I am being a crazy emotional pregnant woman and I need to stop - they are 4 they aren't leaving to go to college!

No comments: