Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Imagine Mary

Ok, today is my due date and still no baby!! I figured this would happen since I like to keep these kids in. So now the waiting game is here. As I was driving today, I thought about how Mary was probably feeling when she was near the end of her pregnancy. I mean, I know that God has entrusted me with another life to raise, and I hope and pray that she grows up to be a wonderful woman who loves the Lord and makes good choices with her life. Now think of what Mary had on her plate!!! She was given the King of Kings - God's one and only Son!!!! Man, what pressure!! Not only do you have to physically do a good job raising a child, she had an important job to do with raising JESUS!! What on earth could have been going through her head?!! I bet her nerves were shot! I know it was nothing that she couldn't handle - God wouldn't have chosen this wonderful woman for such a job if He thought she couldn't, but thoughts of doubt had to go through her head. I just can't imagine what it would have been like to be Mary!!!!

No comments: