Saturday, August 8, 2009

Look - A nut

Tonight we went for a walk. All the sudden, Chloe darted to a yard very excited about something she found. Prior to bending down and picking up her treasure, she shouts, "Look a nut!!" As I look down to see what she is picking up, I gasp and yell, "drop it!!" Chloe immediately drops her treasured nut and I have to be the bearer of bad news and tell her that it was doggy shewie!! We don't have pets and have never encountered an incident where I have had to tell them what dog shewie is, so she had no clue!! She was mortified! I felt so bad for scaring her. She did the rest of the walk with her head down. She was so upset! We had to tell her not to suck her thumb or touch anything with her dirty hand. It was breaking my heart seeing her so sad that she touched that nasty shewie. Matt kept trying to get her to talk, but she just couldn't handle it and broke down crying hysterically!! Remember now that this was her left hand she picked it up with and she couldn't suck her thumb!!! OH MY! It took me a long time to get her calmed down. It was pitiful! So I guess it is safe to say she won't go near dog shewie ever again!!!!!!

No comments: