Sunday, August 16, 2009

Learned my Lesson!

I learned my lesson big time yesterday - NEVER GO TO WALMART ON SATURDAY!!!! UGH!!! I had some errands to do, so we ventured out on a Saturday - I usually will wait until the week, but I wanted to get all this done - and I don't know how much time I have left!! So, our last stop was Walmart. All I had to do was return some shoes and get some light bulbs. We got there at 11:30 and we didn't leave until 12:30!!! Once we got inside, I noticed how long the line was, so I went and got my bulbs so I could do my purchase at the return desk. Got the bulbs and proceeded to wait, and wait, and wait!! I could not believe how slow they were and how many people needed to return stuff. Luckily my kids weren't that hungry so there wasn't any starvation going on since this was right at lunch time. As I finally got my turn at the register, I hear this lady next to me explaining to the other cashier the reason for her return. She tells the lady that she was at another Walmart and they never charged her for these shorts that were in her bag. She said she brought her receipt, but they aren't on there, so she wanted the shorts to be returned to the other Walmart!!! I couldn't believe my ears!! I turned and the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "Wow! You are such an honest person! That was really awesome of you to do that!" I don't know too many people that would have stood in that line (she was behind me) for at least 40 minutes to just hand over a pair of shorts because the cashier made a mistake and didn't scan the item!! That lady was so sweet and I was so happy that she did that. There just aren't that many nice people left in this world!!

No comments: