Monday, August 31, 2009

Welcome Finley Claire!!

Here is our beautiful daughter, Finley Claire!! She was born August 29, 2009 at 12:07 a.m. She weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and is 21 inches long. As you can see, she has a head full of hair!

Here is her birthday story:
Friday morning (8/28) at around 4 am I woke up to some pretty good contractions. I decided that this would not be the real thing, so I would not allow myself wake up. I kept my eyes closed and was able to fall asleep. That morning I started getting more contractions that were 10 min. apart and figured that it was the beginning, but not the "real deal". So I packed the kids up and we went shopping!!! We went to IKEA to get them a new little table and some chairs. I was still having contractions, but we enjoyed our shopping trip - they love this store! We came home (my Dad was not too happy with me for leaving the house, so he was waiting at the house when we got back! - I guess I made him a little nervous) and ate lunch. Then we all took naps - I took an hour long nap, which I usually don't do, so I guess my body knew I needed rest. When I woke up, I was having contractions like 15 minutes apart. Matt came home from work and I wanted to go out to eat. So we went to Firehouse Subs and enjoyed our dinner (I did have several contractions so I was breathing during dinner - I bet that was a sight). We came home, gave kids baths, and put them to bed. (The whole time I was timing my contractions and we were definitely doing well in the labor process.) Matt and I were hanging out and getting stuff packed - I told him that it would happen in the night for sure!! I played on the computer a little bit and then decided I would go to bed around 10:00. I laid in bed and was having some really good contractions every 15 minutes. So I waited it out and rested between each one. Then they kicked up to 8 min, 6 min, 4 min apart. So, we called in the sitters!!!! TJ and Deanna were on their way! This was about 11:00 pm. When they got here, I was ready to go!! We got to the hospital around 11:30 ish and had to go in through the ER entrance. Well, they wouldn't let me go to labor and delivery until I was in a wheel chair. So they sat me in a chair and parked me in front of the doors (which kept opening and closing and no one came and got me!) I was just laughing looking around at those waiting in the waiting room because I wasn't going anywhere! So finally (I say finally - it was probably just a few minutes) some lady took me up to labor and delivery. I proceeded to tell her that this baby was ready to come out while we were in the elevator - she pushed me a lot faster when the doors opened up!! They took me to my room, I got changed and I said where is the Dr. because he needed to get to work here!! It was 11:40 pm when I walked into my room - Finley was born at 12:07!! She would have been born earlier if it didn't take them 15 minutes to get an IV in my arm!! But that was fine. I wanted her born on the 29th - Harper was born on the 29th (of June). So, it was definitely a very short time in labor at the hospital and it wasn't bad at all!! Another baby delivered epidural free!

This is me before leaving for the hospital!

Proud Mommy and Daddy with the most precious gift ever!!

One of her first pics! She sure is beautiful.

This was her after her bath around 3:30 am! Look at that gorgeous and full head of hair.


Carly and Chloe couldn't contain their excitement!! They woke up to TJ and Deanna in our bed and they weren't upset at all! They knew where we were and were so excited. Matt went and picked them up around 10 ish and brought them up to see us. TJ and Deanna did a great job with 3 children and a mini van- sorry TJ that you didn't get to drive it! I know you were really looking forward to it!

Harper loves his new sister!! Another girl he has to protect. He did so well with her.

Carly is so mothering! You can tell she is the oldest child - she has some special way with all three of her siblings. I love how she takes such good care of everyone. My heart was melting the whole time my kids came and saw Finley. They did so good and just want to love her. She is definitely loved and accepted. When Carly and Chloe were leaving they told me that if she cried I needed to hold her hand - she likes that.

I love to see them with her!

Chloe trying to wrap her up. She liked to keep her all wrapped up. Carly liked to uncover her and check her out.

This Dad has his hands full now with his 3rd baby girl!

Carly just couldn't contain her excitement!

I love her!!
First family picture! Can you believe all these little people were given to us!
Dear Lord:
Thank you for entrusting Matt and I with four precious children. Please help guide us in raising them to be wonderful people that love you and praise you in all that they do. Please keep us strong and our relationship rock solid and planted with you. Help our children always know that we love them and will protect them. You have blessed us in so many ways and we thank you and love you!
Amen
Little loverboy is so proud he is holding "binley claire"

Finley waiting for them to cut her security tag off her ankle before her ride home. Matt came and picked me up around 7. My mom and dad were in charge of getting the kids in bed. The girls were still awake in their room when we got home, so they were out as soon as they heard her squeak. We let them kiss her and see her and then we went and tucked them in bed.

Carly and her new sister! She has been wanting her to lay with her for so long - the day finally came.

Chloe was so excited to see her sister at home finally.

The main objective for the girls today was to get Finley in every apparatus in the house. Here she is in her swing - she looks so sweet!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Matt and Becca~
Finley Clarie is absolutely beautiful. Congrats to you and your family on her arrival. Glad to here that everyone is home and doing great!!

Seriously Outnumbered said...

Congratulations Becca she's beautiful!