Friday, August 22, 2008

Imperfect Parents

I love my Bible that Matt got me for Christmas a couple Christmas' ago. It is a Mom's devotional Bible and it really highlights a parent's role in every book. I just finished reading 2 Samuel and I have been getting alot out of it. One thing I learned from this book, is how we are all imperfect parents. We all make mistakes!! BUT, if we focus on those mistakes, then what type of legacy will we leave in our kids lives? It is our job to outweigh those mistakes with being great models. We need to model a pattern of godliness in our families. So, I challenge you as well as myself, to leave your legacy . . . . . . .

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." 2 Samuel 22:31

No comments: